Sunday 1 March 2009

3 London boroughs - 16 miles and breakfast

This has been a very busy week. I've only run twice but less is more and both runs were good and... in the morning.

I ran to school on Wednesday making use of the gym of facilities on arrival for 20mins before using the very nice showers. All new buildings like St Matthew Academy have to have a place for cyclists, runners and other self propelled people to clean themselves up. I even have a hook for my towel... Many thanks Guy.

Today I notched up 16 miles and ran through 3 London Boroughs - Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich. Which means that by the next run I will be less than double digits short of the 26 miles. Which is the optimistic way of looking at it... rather than... WHAT!... 10 miles on top of this.

Although I felt fine today I did feel a bit tired afterwards. Which leads to a question for which I haven't found an answer. Should I eat before I run in the morning?

In fact I've found many different answers in lots of different books... so it seems a matter of whether you can manage it or not.

Answer a) = No... you'll get a stitch, feel bloated and it's good to practice running on empty in training.

Or

Answer b) = Yes... as it will give you more energy and prevent muscle loss.

My answer at the moment is eat loads before bedtime...

On arrival home I was so hungry I had two poached eggs, 3 slices Wheaten, a banana, a bowl of shredded wheat, half a sausage my daughter hadn't eaten, two pints of water, two coffees and a jammie dodger!

I've now raised, doing the half marathon and this run, over a £1000 for the Evelina. Many thanks to my two most recent donors. The 2 Johns. Neither of whom are actually called John as one is Sean and other is Jon - which isn't John but Jonathan.

On the MP3 - Sébastien Léger - The Beatport only mix of Eric Prydz - The People.

No comments:

Post a Comment