Monday 27 April 2009

11812th out of 35,306 = Top 1/3rd

I'm sure that you know by now that I did finish the race...

I finished in 4hrs 17 mins disappointed not to not finish under 4hrs for myself... but there would be no donations for the Evelina for not finishing and that is far more important... the heat made the race very tough for all involved...

I'm happier with my time now that I see that most people were 20 mins slower due to heat...
and 6038 runners received medical attention during the day (as did 120 members of public around the course), 35 were taken to hospital and 25 were admitted. Glad not to be one of them!

I was a bit ill after from sun stroke but feel better if a little stiff in the hips now...

Many thanks to Evelina and the Ship Inn for looking after all my supporters!

I'll post links to photo's, times and more fundraising activities in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment