Friday 16 January 2009


Quick running machine run today at my Gym. David Lloyd in Kidbrooke and weights session. Completed an 8 mile run to work this week as well. I'm not a good morning runner as I my normal running time is after 9.30PM... but it certainly woke me up.
Today’s 5km in 21m - interval training -on the running machine was the first time since late Oct I've had a pain free run. I picked up an Iliotibial Band Syndrome IBS injury after the Run to the beat half marathon. I think this was because it was so cold and wet. This is very painful creating a stabbing pain at the side of the knee but stretches* and exercises from Alison my sister, who is a trainee doctor and Chartered Physiotherapist, have really helped. Also advice by text from sports coach Pearse McGuigan - has been great, as I was clearly not resting enough. Less is more.
Pearse is now training swimmers in Ireland... but was part of the training team for the British Olympic Modern Pentathlon Team. Pearse is running the Belfast marathon in May… so will have my time to beat. *Link to one very effective stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment