Monday 12 January 2009

Start of Log

Well I said I'd do this on my just giving site. As....

It is meant to create a reason for people to return or pass on the site... Well... we'll see.

I've decided to create a template to record info quickly about the big push to do 26 point something miles...

Mileage, runs and stat's - for those who may want run a sweepstake on my finish time there is a feed from my running log at the bottom of the blog. Mileage is rising but hasn't gone beyond 10 miles yet as it's been so cold! - 5! However... times are getting a bit quicker almost 7 mins miles.

Running equipment and other nonsense: Due to the cold I bought a running jacket - £12 from Decathlon and it's fantastic light with vents under the arms to stop you sweating. As it now feels like my fingers are going to fall off I also got a set of silky european footballer gloves £4.50.

Injuries: Two lost toe nails from the Run to the beat half marathon are growing back. Huge blood blister on my right foot but it's popped and doesn't hurt. I've had some knee pain but that is going thanks to, Dr, (in a few years), Bob Cregan who as a physio has given me good advice on training and streaches.

Food - Peanut butter can't get enough of whole earth. Tried every other cheaper brand but this is the one... nothing but nuts good source of good fats and protein. When your knackered it's like a meal in two minutes.

Tunes- I am listening too while running on my MP3: 128 BPM for running at the moment. I get all my tunes from Beatport.com - in particular keeping me going is - Ministry of Funk - Way Back - a mix of lots of classic summer tunes all in one track.

News on getting the money in: Good considering money is tight and it's only just after Chrisitmas. With off line emailed promises and gift aid I've broken the £200 barrier. Only £1600 to go then.

No comments:

Post a Comment