Thursday 12 February 2009

Back on track and drinking from a tap

Back running on the road. As the ice has gone. The only snow left are big balls of ice, in the local park where people, like us made snowmen. It looks a bit like a cold version of Easter Island.

Did 4.5 miles yesterday and I'll run 7-8 to school tomorrow. Plus the long one at the weekend which needs to be about 13. So things are getting on track again.

I've realised as I eat incredible amounts of food that have little need for a nutrition plan. I eat loads of everything that is advised.

The London Marathon website says that when I pick up my number there will be a pasta party... Great free pasta... NO!

It's at the "incredible" price of £5... Well I have been to the Excel centre and would rather have a meal in a veal cart. At home pasta would cost... £5 for all the family.

There is a lot rubbish talked in the mags and websites about the marathon most of it linked to sponsorship. This a good example:

VITTEL
Vittel Natural Mineral Water is the water of choice for marathon runners. With its well-balanced supply of essential minerals such as calcium and magnesium, Vittel Natural Mineral Water is the most natural way to stay hydrated and reVittelised throughout marathon day. One of Vittel's most high-profile devotees is Paula Radcliffe, the record-breaking long distance runner and reigning London Marathon Champion.
Commenting on Vittel, she says; 'Drinking Vittel is an important part of my training programme. It helps me prepare my body and eases fatigue and muscle cramp after a race and generally helps me stay in peak condition.'

How on earth could you be devoted to a mineral water. She also drinks either her own drinks or any water that is sponsoring the race. As you can see... Anyway my water comes from a tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment