Sunday 8 February 2009

Ireland win and my Dyson explodes...


10KM on the running machine yesterday... in 46 mins watching the last 5 mins of the Ireland game. Very enjoyable and I did it as two Pyramids the second one faster than the first.

We've beaten le blues! The best six nations team by a long chalk. I hope that we can build on this and we haven't peaked too early. No one else seems on form but the Welsh. Ireland are the most consistent team to never win the six nations, (there was only 5 nations when they won it last), so hopefully it will be our year.

It was my plan to watch the game at the gym but while doing a bit of cleaning my Dyson started smoking and then died. Smoking is clearly bad for your health. Boom Boom. So I was dispatched to the shops via checking the internet for a suitable replacement.

When you buy something now instead of reading the company blurb I find its better to read the reviews. The remarkable thing was... I found 10 reviews, at least, on different sites which started... I decided to buy this cheaper vac after my Dyson... blew up, burst into flames, billowed smoke etc...

After running 10KM - it's difficult to weight train as I used too... so I've cut to 1 day a week to focus on running. This has meant a toal change in routine to lighter stuff focusing on the core. This so the guides say is essential to remain upright and running well for 3+ hrs. So I'm now standing on a BOSU ball and Powerplate to intensify the workout. The later was developed to help Russian astronauts with no time to train in space stay fit...
Anna Friel claimed she uses one on Jonathon Ross... on Friday as has Madonna. On the negative side - it did Sam Allardyce no good at Newcastle... his players complained bitterly it made them go to the loo. See news story.

No comments:

Post a Comment